I had the first draft of each episode finished and sent away to be looked at last Wednesday. I spent my weekend working, but found out that the actor I had in mind for me lead would not be able to commit a lot of time to the project so, I'm thinking of who could replace him. This afternoon I spoke with my lecturer about my first drafts, he gave me some good advice, but said that I need to think more about metaphors. I've already re-drafted episode one and will work on two and three tomorrow. I really need to look at casting, as I should be recording next week really. I have friends in Scotland who record radio dramas and have thought about heading up to see them for a week or so and utalise their actor contacts. However, I'd have to take time off work and intrude on their busy schedules so it is probably not practical, but I feel I would get a better class of actor. The other option is to ask friends and colleagues, people from the university I know can act.
This was always the part I disliked about making radio dramas for university work, because this is the part I have the least control over and can potentially be the deciding factor in my overall grade. Radio dramas can fail or succeed depending on the quality of the acting, and I've no guarantee that any actors I approach will be reliable, as I don't have the funds to pay them. The people I approach may not even be actors, so will probably not have need of the experience or the material for a show reel.
Hopefully I'll get reliable people who are fairly flexible, the sooner I get the material recorded the sooner I can fiddle with the editing (my favourite part).
No comments:
Post a Comment